NEW! If you’d like to help sustain this podcast project to help empower others too, buy your host a coffee. Coffee Cheers!
Mandi mentioned a Psychology Today article that lists what a fawn response may look like:
- You look to others for how you feel in a relationship or a situation
- It is difficult to identify your feelings, even when you are alone
- You often feel like you have no identity
- You are constantly trying to please the people in your life
- At the first sign of conflict, your first instinct is to appease the angry person
- You ignore your own beliefs, thoughts, and truths and accept those of the people around you
- You may experience unusual emotional responses when issues do not involve people of importance in your life. This could include emotional outbursts at strangers or sudden sadness throughout the day.
- You feel self-anger and guilt some or most of the time
- Saying no to those around you is a challenge
- You are overwhelmed at times but take on more if asked
- You lack boundaries and are often taken advantage of in relationships
- You are uncomfortable or threatened when asked to give an opinion
Mandi also mentions the book “Science of Stuck” from the guest she will have on soon.
Choose which platform you’d like to listen and follow the show: