My Story Part 1, The FBI Visit, Court dates
I share my own crazy life story to raise awareness about the importance of recognizing signs of abuse and getting out of an unhealthy relationship as soon as possible. My story began when I was 15 – 16 and decades later, ended up being on the evening news.
Stay tuned for part 2 of my story when, in an upcoming episode, the detective on our case joins me to share the second half of my story I have never shared publicly before.
Why am I so passionate about helping others become aware and prepared to avoid emotional and physical harm? Because it’s taken me decades of counseling, working on myself and health care to become a healthy person. I don’t want anyone else to go through that, if it can be avoided with education and advocacy.
- Whether you are dating, engaged, married, whatever the case, listen to your instincts and act on them.
- We can’t beat ourselves up – we only know what we know WHEN we know it
- Notice red flags and investigate
- Verbal abuse and emotional abuse almost always leads to physical abuse
- Restraining order aren’t what most people think and there’s some really important things to know about them.
- Everyone is responsible for their own behaviors and there is no excuse for abuse.
- Healing and peace is possible.
0:00:03 Beginning of My Story
0:02:07 Summary of Abuse
0:04:39 When I Left
0:10:55 Visit from the FBI
0:12:50 Power Struggles
0:19:34 Reported Missing
0:21:51 The Search
0:24:03 How I Found Hope and Healing
Choose which platform you’d like to listen and follow the show: