The Women Aware and Prepared host, Mandi, continues a mini series on self defense tools. Today she talks about pepper spray: what it’s purpose is, how to carry it and the importance of keeping the element of surprise, knowing the tool, practicing with it and knowing its limits.
1. Reminder to keep the tool concealed, carry it in the same place, practice with it, keep the element of surprise and be situationally aware
2. Pepper spray is meant for keeping a boundary, not necessarily hand to hand combat
3. Pepper spray vs pepper gel
4. Google if you can carry it in your area legally and also ask your local police department
5. The factors when purchasing: range, MC measurement, different locks, shelf life, some come with alarms, GPS, etc.
6. Mandi carries and recommends Sabre pepper gel.
7. Spray an attacker on the face from eye to eye horizontally and then move down to the nose and mouth, also spraying any other exposed skin. If you get it on you, do NOT rub it. Wash off with soap and water and get medical attention.
Mandi’s book she mentions is easy to purchase on Amazon and a short, yet helpful read: “Two Things To Know Before Buying Pepper Spray.”
You can find Mandi on Instagram @WomenAwareAndPrepared or her website, WomenAwareAndPrepared.com where you can find out if you’re doing her 10 top tips to stay safer! Grab the free download at the bottom of the site!
Music by Andrea Hamilton Binley at HopefulPop.com.
The primary purpose of the Women Aware and Prepared Podcast is to educate and inform. This podcast series does not constitute advice or services. Please use common sense for your own situation.
Choose which platform you’d like to listen and follow the show: